with CLIPREVIEWED learn the articleSamsung Promises 4 Years of Security Updates for Galaxy Devices
High-end smartphones have become an increasingly expensive investment in recent years, so we’re happy to report Samsung has decided to ensure you can continue to securely enjoy its Android devices for longer.
In fact, many Galaxy devices will now receive more up-to-date security for a minimum of four years thanks to a new commitment from Samsung. Security updates will be delivered either monthly or quarterly depending on the device, and for all Galaxy devices launched since 2019.
The list of eligible devices is quite extensive and includes:
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A series: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro
- Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
“At Samsung, our number one priority is offering the best and most secure mobile experience to our users, and we’re constantly optimizing the security of our products and services,” said Seungwon Shin, VP & Head of Security Team at Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Mobile devices play such an important role in our lives, it’s only natural that we want to hold onto them longer. That’s why, thanks to the latest technology advancements, we’re committing to securing Galaxy devices for even longer, so that everything that should be kept protected stays protected.”
Samsung created a page detailing which devices will get monthly or quarterly security updates, but does point out that availability may vary for each device depending on where you are in the world.
keyword: Samsung Promises 4 Years of Security Updates for Galaxy DevicesSamsung Promises 4 Years of Security Updates for Galaxy DevicesSamsung Promises 4 Years of Security Updates for Galaxy Devices